She Exists

7 Unrealistic Expectations Disney Gave Me

Disney
[Image Source: Google Images]
I remember the time when biggest tension was missing any episode of Disney Show. I grew up watching Disney, but while growing up I forgot one thing that the fantasy is fantasy and it can’t be real ever. Few days back, I found this image on internet saying “Disney gave me unrealistic expectations about hair” and I was thinking is it happened with me too. Take a look to that image.
Disney gave me unrealistic expectaion about hair.
[Image Source: Monoscope]
The answer was “Yes” but not only unrealistic expectations about hair, Disney brought me to the world of fantasy and I considered me a Princess since long. Well I agree every girl is a princess in her own but my case was the princess with real grace of princess. 

After deep analysis, I found there are many things about what Disney made me crazy and I believe till long that it’s the real things and would for sure happen with sometime soon in my life. But with getting knowledge about things and growing up, I found them so lame. So there are Sevens unrealistic expectations I’m describing in this post:

1) Prince Charming is Real 
I started believing that Prince Charming is real. Well Well Well.. Me and many other girls like me still wait for a man who would be awesome, so understanding, handsome, and intelligent, fulfill all my needs and he would come for me on white horse and take me away with him forever and we’ll live happily ever after.
Now I know that there’s nothing perfect, specially guys. They can have few and or may be all features together but they can’t be exact copy of Prince Charming we always waited for.

2) If it’s Ending It’s Happy Ending
I always believe that every ending should be happy otherwise it’s not end, and when there went anything wrong I waited desperately to correct it to make it a good ending. This is what Disney taught me. Can you believe a city sleeps for years and woke up on a whistle after years or a poor maid turns to a princess with a glass shoe at the end and everyone happily lives ever after.
So after growing up and realizing the ugly face of the world, I found every ending is not happy ending. Not every family lives happily ever and not every girl finds a prince charming at the end.

3) Every Girl can be Princess 
So remember how lucky Cinderella was or at least all those poor girls who were trapped for long in misery and then found a way out to somehow and become a princess. Disney made me believe that every girl who’s poor and miserable can be a princess.
Well I know many poor girls around trapped in same situations like in were Cinderella, Snow White or Jasmine were but they never get rid of miseries so easily with the help of fairy godmother or someone else.

4) Prince Charming is my Super Hero 
And in every Disney story, I found a Prince Charming, who’s the best guy in the story. No one can be better than him; no one can beat him in whole story. Watching Disney movies, I started believing that these super heroes are real in real life but when I suffered in world the reality I found was totally opposite. There’s no prince alive on the earth who travel miles for her princess, or a prince who’s turned to frog and will be prince again by kissing a princess. In short there’s no such prince or any super natural human like him in real life.

5) True Love Happens at First Sight 
Is it possible that you see a girl in ball and fall for her and when she’s lost somewhere you search for her like anything. Oh come’ on Disney made me believe that true love happens in first sight but while growing up and learning from personal experiences I found that true love is a lifetime process and can’t happen in one glance.

6) Beauty Ends on Disney Princess 
No one ever see a world beautiful girl named as Snow white, lil mermaid, Ariel or Cinderella or anyone like them. Beauty ends on them. Their hair, styles, beauty everything is jus awesome. This is all Disney told me; I thought that every girl can be that beautiful. I admit every girl is beautiful but to that limit?
Oh my in real world we have bad hair, marks and pimples on face, dull color, fat bodies and all these things which never make us the Super Beautiful, the most beautiful ones. Are we witches?

7) Story Ends on “They Lives Happily Ever After” 
Disney ends every story on “And they live happily ever after…” They got married and lived happily ever after? Was it end? Seriously??? 
In real life, the actual story starts after the point where Disney ends it stories.
All Disney Characters
[Image Source: Search Best Cartoons]
Disney was the best teacher taught me things I never knew about world. It gave me the vast fantasy which I couldn’t ever imagine alone myself but it taught me many things for which I waited till I got knowledge or personal experience about them.

She Exists [About us] welcomes every other She to join with this ‘cause to prove her Existence everywhere by this blog. You can also Submit Your Guest Post or Contact Us for any query. You can join us on FacebookTwitter, Follow on Google,Subscribe to our RSS Feeds or Email to stay updated about the She Exists updates.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

11 comments:

  1. agreed .. but i believe on may fantastic things in fantasy love it anyways

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the follow and for supporting the Hop! I am now following you too. Have a great night. :)

    Jessica
    My recent post Rue-la-la: Little Rue Boutique Now Open (Kid & Baby Items)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the whole Disney Princess & Fairytale thing may seem a little unbelievable, but in my opinion it's all in how you view things. Even though life is hard and full of trials and tribulations, it is also full of happiness, love, and beauty--which is what Disney is all about. I found my prince charming but it took some big struggles. He isn't perfect, and neither am I, but if we work hard and stay on the "brighter side of things" I believe we can live happily ever after! And no matter what situation you are in, girls everywhere in poverty and what not, are all special and loved and therefore true princesses.

    My recent post Welcome Wednesday 9/7

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to say thank you for joining our Welcome Wednesday blog hop! We hope to see you stop by weekly and even maybe enter some of our giveaways and check out our freebies & deals! We are so happy to be new followers of your blog and can't wait to come back! You are more than welcome to grab our special Welcome Wednesday button which will link you directly to our hop each week & that also helps spread the word about our great event!

    THANKS!
    Kristin & Jaime
    --

    ReplyDelete
  5. how true. I was same when i waited for things went perfect itself but not every tale is fairy tale i believe now

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooohhh.... So I imagine my life as a disney princess :D :D
    My recent post Microsoft and Twitter Signed A Deal To Add Real Time Results In Bing Search

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh I love Disney... I do realize the *harmful* effects of Disney on little girls' minds, but it made for a swell something of raising up to :)
    My recent post Eating Right for Effective Weight loss - Weightloss Wednesdays

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is true and I agree - we should always tell little girls this is only fantasy..........cause Disney movies are the best in my opinion (even as an adult I love watching them!) but if you think this is life you may have many disillusions.
    My recent post DEDICATED TO Women Victims of Domestic Violence

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good sharing and here's my thoughts - Prince Charming do exist but not with all the criteria's as stated. I found my hubby and he is my Prince Charming though he is not perfect but tries his best to make me happy in the ways in many ways. Yes, true love is learning to understand and adopt with each other along the years.
    My recent post Steamed Cod Fish

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a great post. I really liked the way you made me examine how Disney has influenced thought processes.
    Susan http://happyhippieheart.blogspot.com
    My recent post Nature's Reminder

    ReplyDelete
  11. These backpacks come in three different chenille animals -
    elephant, lion, or bear. Re-gifting is a flawlessly satisfactory strategy to minimize waste following a principle with the Three or more Urs (Re-use, Decrease and Recycle)
    --provided those items you're re-gifting bring a few benefit to the people you intend to give the crooks to. Chair.
    My blog post ; almshnwi.com

    ReplyDelete

We Love to see your Feedback ..